Tuesday, March 21, 2006

consumer tipping #1

Consumer tipping is innately flawed. This is a huge issue with so many facets to it that I cannot express them all, much less list them off the top of my head at the moment. So this will be a work in progress, or at least several posts on the same topic, whenever I feel like ranting.

Issue #1.
Tipping is based on a person's spending habits, and the level of service only changes the amount of tipping minimally, and even then only for a small percentage of customers. Therefore, there is no incentive for a server/bartender to give great service as opposed to moderate service. More on this later!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, girl, wow, i haven't talk to you for like forever, hope ur doign well and stuff. hope to hear from you.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder how much you tip when you go to a bar? huh?

2:58 AM  
Blogger Eunice said...

Good question. I certainly don't tip $1 for 3 drinks, if that's what you're wondering. I DO tip at the very least $1-2 on a $5-10 drink [respectively] for mediocre service, up to $5 for one drink if the service is excellent or i'm feeling generous and my patrons have tipped me well last week. Karma does go around.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home