Monday, March 20, 2006

arrogant old guy

This old guy came in with a girl he met about 2 months earlier. They were talking to me about how they were getting married and how she's the love of his life, yada yada. We were talking about stuff and somehow got on the topic of Seattle and Spokane. I pronounced it Spok-Anne and he said, "No, it's Spok-Ayne." I didn't argue with him even though he was clearly ignorant and wrong, because I figure old arrogant men have to keep their dignity somehow. Besides, he apparently owned his own business and was a bigshot and so I thought, well maybe he'll tip well if I let him keep his ignorant views.

The best part though, was when I looked at his credit card receipt later and he left me $10 tip on a $66.40 bill. On the back of the slip he had written 3.32 + 6.64 = 9.96 to calculate exactly 15% tip. It was sad, because I didn't really have to go through the agony of talking to his arrogant man, and getting wrongfully based lectures from him just to get the 15%. I'm not that desperate, but apparently he is either that stingy or 15% is that much for him. And I gave him GREAT service, not just mediocre stuff that normal people would tip 15% for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When a key choice mаnufacturer is active, a lot like sρгucing up your hоuse fοr sаle: you'll want to describe the pest, most insects business are unwanted pests that make their brand different.

my web blog; How to become an internet marketer

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home