Monday, March 20, 2006

no tip, bad service

Hey guys, it's been a while! Sorry to keep y'all waiting :) I had spring break and took two weeks off. But also, the thing is, so many things happen at the bar that I just don't remember them or they don't surprise me anymore. But I'll still try to keep this interesting, because I know you don't get the BENEFIT of dealing with stupid people everyday!

So the other bartender said to me, "I'd serve her a drink if she actually tipped." I said, "Who?" and she nodded at the blond chick. This blond lady flagged me down a short while later and asked me for a drink. I thought she was nice and thought that well, maybe she'll tip this time. So I give her the drink, yada yada, and she leaves zero tip. I'm like, well guess the other bartender was right. So after that, the lady had to ask each of the bartenders like 3 times before any of us would serve her a drink. Sorry lady, but your beautiful expensive blond locks couldn't get you out of this one!

Yes, I may sound greedy. But there are things that can be changed in the service industry (aka tips/wages) that I may not see changed in my lifetime. And while these things aren't changed, I will do my job as logically and passionately as I can while keeping a fine balance of both. Sure, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and served her the drink even after my co-worker warned me. But I can serve other customers in the same time and earn more for myself, my co-workers, and probably the bar since more generous patrons would probably buy more drinks in the long run anyway. Sorry blond lady (not really).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home