Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the working hands of a bartender

I can never get my nails done because bartending ruins them. Cuts and nicks, chipped nail polish and dry hands -- ugh. The worst is having a cut on my hand, knowing that I have to cut limes and lemons at work.

Oh, the sting.

I had a pretty deep cut on my finger so I wound the band-aid tightly around it for the night, but liquid/water/lime juice still gets in. Well, that night someone asked for a drink with Grey Goose and I held two glasses in my left hand, and with my other hand, accidentally reached for the Belvedere bottle. As I suddenly realized that the drink called for Grey Goose and not Belvedere, I immediately jerked the bottle up before any vodka could come out, but as I did so, a splash of Belvedere dripped onto my left hand, right on my cut.

Good god, I wasn't expecting this sting like no other!

But the vodka immediately cleaned it out and the cut started healing the day after. Good ol vodka, the ultimate cure-all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home